Address Britzer Strasse 16
Britzer Strasse 16
Eclectic minimalist maisonette apartment with proximity to Spree river
The highlights are:
• maisonette apartment with ceiling heights of 3.20 m
• massive wooden staircase in green beige with air space and a total height of impressive 6.40 m
• individual, striking color concept inspired by architect and designer Ernő Goldfinger
• pearl white, pale green, green beige, sky blue, pearl pink, lemon yellow and black were deliberately combined
• colored accents on radiators and pipes, ceilings, walls and wall sections as well as spiral staircase
• orientation to the southwest overlooking the quiet, lush green courtyard
• historical old building with ornate bay windows and exciting entrance with cobalt blue tiles and stucco
• quiet, tree-lined side street almost directly on the Spree
• center of Schöneweide around the corner with everything a Berlin neighborhood should offer, the new BER airport can be reached in 15 min and the Adlershof Uni-Campus in only 8 min
- Status For sale
- Price 298.000 EUR
- Monthly cost 206,00 EUR
- City Berlin
- Area Treptow
- Address Britzer Strasse 16
- Rooms 2-3 rooms
- Size 67 m² I Eclectic minimalist maisonette apartment with proximity to Spree river
- Floor 1st and 2nd, side wing
- Construction year 1908
This maisonette apartment consists of a living room and kitchen (2nd floor) and a bedroom and bathroom (1st floor). The two levels are connected by a massive wooden staircase with associated airspace, resulting in an impressive total height of approx. 6.40 m. From here, all rooms branch off, which have the typical features of historic buildings: room heights of approx. 3.20 m, each room has 2 almost floor-high wooden lattice windows with double insulation, two oversized entrance doors in lacquered solid wood with ornamented frame and cassette-like door leaf with glass skylight, original preserved wooden doors to the rooms etc. Number, size and orientation of the windows to the southwest overlooking the lush green courtyard with old trees provide brightness throughout the day. Due to the location to the courtyard there is a pleasant peace.
The most striking feature of this apartment is the color concept, inspired by architect and designer Ernő Goldfinger. Pearl white, pale green, green beige, sky blue, pearl pink, lemon yellow and black were used here, the names already give an idea about the nuances. They are used in varied ways as colored accents on the radiators and pipes, ceilings, walls or wall sections as larger color surfaces and in the staircase as a colored band upwards. The colors give the apartment this freshness, happiness, cheerfulness and even youthfulness because of being so unconventional. Nevertheless, there are still various leeway for one's own design. The real wood laminate along with the mainly pearly white walls keep a holistic impression.
Tinted white, striking color accents, special brightness and a view of the green treetops are thus the main highlights of this apartment. Here one can celebrate seclusion alone or as a couple (ideal also as a shared flat) appreciating the location almost directly on the Spree and yet in the middle of the capital Berlin.
Already from the outside this historical old building indicates its origin dating back to the beginning of the 20th century. The bay windows are richly decorated. Sculptures in dedicated niches also testify to the artistic splendor of this epoch. The size and proportions of the building, the rhythm of the windows and their formats, the curved roof, etc. stress this nice impression. It continues at the front door and entrance, where cobalt blue tiles and stucco on the ceiling and walls welcome the visitor. Even in the staircase you experience this love to detail. A pale gray-green corresponds to the brown of the railing and staircase.
The building is located in a designated social environment protection area.
Britzer Strasse is a quiet, tree-lined side street whose surroundings are characterized by old buildings. The location almost directly by the Spree river (200 meters) is fantastic. Here, one can jog, stroll and enjoy the view of the water in both summer and winter. The center of Schöneweide is around the corner and here everything a Berlin neighborhood should offer is provided: the Novilla, an artists' collective with cultural events, jazz evenings or stoebern de luxe, offering home decoration, mainly of Scandinavian brands. BER airport can be reached in 15 minutes.