Address Linienstrasse - Reserved
Linienstrasse - Reserved
Top floor maisonette in a beautiful former factory building with large terrace, open living and dining area, 2 bathrooms and elevator
The highlights are:
• flooded with light due to its high location, south-east exposure and large window fronts
• more than 50 m² living / dining / kitchen area with an adjoining approx. 20 m² terrace
• interior details such as dark stained wooden floorboards, old coffered wooden doors and an open black designer kitchen
• private area on the floor below with bedroom, study / children's room and daylight bathroom
• great interplay of contemporary, modern architecture on the upper floor and turn-of-the-century architecture on the floor below
• unique color scheme with light purple / gray tones upstairs and sand tones and pastel green downstairs
• bathrooms in restrained white and light gray with concrete floors and fittings & ceramics from Duravit
• exciting former factory building with exposed concrete steps and banisters with wooden handrails
• one is right in the middle of Berlin and still has the feeling of sitting high up in his/her own eagle's nest
- Status For sale
- Price 1.270.000 EUR
- Monthly cost 438,00 EUR
- City Berlin
- Area Mitte
- Address Linienstrasse - Reserved
- Rooms 3 rooms
- Size 110 m² I Top floor maisonette in a beautiful former factory building with large terrace, open living and dining area, 2 bathrooms and elevator
- Floor 3rd and 4th (attic floor)
- Construction year 1902
This wonderful maisonette apartment is located on Linienstraße, in the middle of Mitte. It extends over the 3rd and 4th floors (attic) of a former factory building. Both floors are accessed via a separate apartment door. An elevator ends on the stair landing, which is half-story offset from the apartment doors. Inside, a two-flight staircase connects the two floors.
The 110 m² living space is distributed over the two levels of 56 m² and 44 m² each plus around 10 m² terrace (approx. 20 m² usable area). The lower level includes the private area with 2 rooms and a large daylight bathroom.
The open living / dining / kitchen area is on the upper floor. This fascinates with its stringent lengthways alignment and to which the large terrace runs parallel, which is reached via a step. A large glass wall-like opening with a double door, 2 further glass doors and a window to the kitchen unit create a transparency that makes this living area so impressive and enables the connection between the terrace and the living room both visually and functionally. A quality feature of contemporary architecture that can otherwise only be experienced in a single family home.
The dark wooden staircase leads down to the spacious hall on the 3rd floor. This offers space for a wall unit of up to 7.00 m in length to stow cloakroom, bags, suitcases, etc. well, clearly and invisibly. This means that the two rooms (13 m² and 15 m² each) can remain optimally furnished and thus fully develop their beautiful proportions.
The fitted kitchen is equipped with a dishwasher, refrigerator with cooling compartment, ceramic hob and oven (from Bosch and Siemens,) as well as shelves from the Italian luxury brand Driade. Bathroom and toilet are equipped with washbasins and fittings from Duravit, recessed mirrors with stylish integrated lights and a washing machine connection. Changes to the room layout are easily made thanks to non-load-bearing walls.
As a former factory and small business ensemble, the building with its two back courtyards has been perfectly redesigned for living. As a result, it unfolds its full splendor and that inimitable charm that is simply inherent in old buildings. Lattice windows, the former passageways, measured according to the size and height of fire engine vehicles, or even doors and gates contribute to the great overall picture. In particular, the colors and the perfect state of renovation contribute to this.
You are in the middle of Mitte, but still have the feeling of being far away from the hustle and bustle. And in just a few steps you are on the popular Linienstrasse, with all its cafes and restaurants (the delicious Lokal with new German cuisine is right around the corner), galleries and small shops.
You do your morning jogging lap along the Spree (a 7 minutes' walk away) and you can stroll to Rosenthaler Platz and Oranienburger Tor in around 6 minutes.