Address Fritschestrasse / Bismarckstrasse
Fritschestrasse / Bismarckstrasse
Color-blocked penthouse with more than 50 m² big rooftop terrace, panoramic views, floor-to-ceiling windows, trendy fitted kitchen with island as well as elevator
The highlights are:
• high location with a view over the roofs of West Berlin
• very large, private roof terrace (50 m²)
• generous living / dining / kitchen area (54 m²) with modern kitchen with island in olive green with worktop in concrete
• interior design is based on a color combination of white, sand and dark gray; two strong color blocks are counterbalancing this: olive green and dark blue
• large bathroom with floor-to-ceiling glass element and access to the surrounding terrace
• living in a retrofuturistic cult building with elevator
• enjoying the pulsating life of a big city, yet completely undisturbed by the high, solitary location
• Ku'Damm, Deutsche Oper, Schlosspark and other West Berlin highlights are within walking distance
- Status For sale
- Price 1.120.000 EUR
- Monthly cost 414,94 EUR
- City Berlin
- Area Charlottenburg
- Address Fritschestrasse / Bismarckstrasse
- Rooms 3 rooms
- Size 125 m² I Color-blocked penthouse with more than 50 m² rooftop terrace, panoramic views, floor-to-ceiling windows, trendy fitted kitchen with island as well as elevator
- Floor 7th, penthouse
- Construction year 1972 / 2015
This penthouse virtually floats on the 7th floor and as soon as you enter, the living / dining / kitchen area is fascinating thanks to its size and in addition the all-round glazing with glass elements that extend from floor to ceiling. This creates the impression of almost a winter garden, especially since the glass fronts open across the corner to the roof terrace. The spacious bathroom also lives from the luxury of such a glass element, which can still be opened here as a double-leaf door. These lush glass fronts provide sun and light throughout the day. The north-south orientation does the rest, so that you can follow the course of the sun. But you can also experience the moon and stars in the middle of Berlin at night. A feeling of almost limitless freedom arises here.
The logically designed floor plan opens up all rooms via a centrally located hallway. Two rooms of 24 m² and 11 m² each, a daylight bathroom (8 m²), cloakroom, utility room (2.9 m²), living / dining / kitchen area (54 m²) plus a roof terrace of more than 50 m² on a total of 125 m².
The interior design is based on colored white on ceilings and walls, a sand tone on door leaves, door frames and skirting boards and
a dark gray of the window elements. This restrained, colored triad contrasts with two strong color blocks: on the one hand the fitted kitchen with island in olive green and on the other the cloakroom element in deep dark blue.
In the bathroom, too, we encounter white, anthracite gray and the sand tone, which harmonizes perfectly with the brown gray of the floor in all rooms. Restrained color basics, tastefully coordinated with strong accents, are the design credo. Lush glazing, corners, from two or even three sides are another striking, design feature of this penthouse.
The highlight is of course the huge roof terrace, partly enclosed by a wall as a privacy screen and wind protection, partly with a railing through which one can walk has an unobstructed view of the beautiful facades opposite. Here you can live freely and undisturbed - with the sky over Berlin.
The building ensemble, consisting of residential and commercial units, was largely renovated in the period 2015-2018 (including facade, balconies, windows, stairwell, strings and basement rooms with sheds). The architectural approach of the buildings of the 1970s was authentically restored. The restrained architecture of cubic forms, with distinctive curves on the sides and upwards, is experiencing an extremely positive revival. The rhythmic arrangement of windows of equal size to form ribbon windows is also a significant feature of this architectural period.
The colors also correspond to the zeitgeist of the time in their reduction. Care was also taken to preserve the materials. For example, you will find the typical glass mosaic tiles at the entrance. Colors, shapes and materials etc. correspond to the original overall design philosophy. Recent building history very convincingly brought to new, beautiful life.
The penthouse in particular benefits from this authentic revival. This spectacular living in a penthouse with a roof terrace, glass walls and an open floor plan was only made possible by new technologies. Living in a retrofuturistic cult building is trendy and provides the basis for enjoying the pulsating life of the big city without being disturbed; a privilege of our time.